10/2
“Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.”Deuteronomy 6:5 NIV
http://bible.com/111/deu.6.5.niv
I've been so focused on loving others lately that I got lost and put my affections in the wrong place versus where they need to be; on God, who can handle my love perfectly. Who loves me perfectly. Who has brought others into my life who can love me as He does because they know him and love Him the same way. I can only love in my special way and without perversion, when my eyes are on Christ.
I kinda forgot that with the unbelievers. I kinda forgot that I was there in game to love others and this to lead to God, not to hope they loved me. :(
I went astray and I see that today. My goals got mixed up. My ideals became clouded. My desires changed for a rly hot minute there.
John 10:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
Wow, thank God I'm still alive, if I had died at that time I could have given up salvation to some really stupid sins! Snatched from the fire once more by my blessed awareness. Screw you "Satan and his self-love"!
Not today, buddy. Not today. My "eyes are on the author and perfecter of my faith," not some temporary nonsense.
2 Corinthians 4:17New International Version (NIV)
17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
“Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.”Deuteronomy 6:5 NIV
http://bible.com/111/deu.6.5.niv
I've been so focused on loving others lately that I got lost and put my affections in the wrong place versus where they need to be; on God, who can handle my love perfectly. Who loves me perfectly. Who has brought others into my life who can love me as He does because they know him and love Him the same way. I can only love in my special way and without perversion, when my eyes are on Christ.
I kinda forgot that with the unbelievers. I kinda forgot that I was there in game to love others and this to lead to God, not to hope they loved me. :(
I went astray and I see that today. My goals got mixed up. My ideals became clouded. My desires changed for a rly hot minute there.
John 10:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
Wow, thank God I'm still alive, if I had died at that time I could have given up salvation to some really stupid sins! Snatched from the fire once more by my blessed awareness. Screw you "Satan and his self-love"!
Not today, buddy. Not today. My "eyes are on the author and perfecter of my faith," not some temporary nonsense.
2 Corinthians 4:17New International Version (NIV)
17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment