Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh Just Great! What is going on with me?!

How on earth can I change this horrible side of myself?!?!?!

Hi,
I have never had the experience of working with someone a student whose doubts cloud their abilities quite to the extreme that yours do.

You have been in my class for almost one and a half semesters. You continuously do excellent work in the Math Academy. However, even when the answers are discussed immediately after you turn in A work, you are sure that you did poorly.

I think that one of the reasons you do not like to do multi-step problems is because by the time you are done with the first step, you might have convinced yourself to such a high degree that you don’t know what you are doing, that you have no reason to continue since you might be convinced that it is wrong right at that step.

I do not know how to assist you. You are such a gifted student that I can see your abilities could take you as high in mathematics (or really anything) as you wanted to go, if only your belief in yourself did not stop you.

I am sorry to write this in an email because email can be so impersonal and things can easily be said in such a way as to lead to mis-interpretation. However, I fear that I might not see you again, thus, this might be the only form of communication available to me. You might want to make an appointment with a counselor. I will assist you, if possible.
T

No comments: