Well, I am off to meet the girls. I have decided that just like I did with my burned leg, so I will take Norah Jones to her deathbed.
When I burned my leg, I was so ashamed and felt so ugly and unattractive. I truly felt no man would ever love me again or marry me (I had gone out with so many guys who were grossed out by me, and later during this self-loathing time I met Brandon) so one night before coming to LA, I did a show for Houston Bernard in short shorts. Instead of hiding my horror, I decided I would let it out, show it to the world with pride and love and accept myself through it.
When I got on that stage, with my horror scars leg, I was completely nervous, ashamed and thought they would laugh me off. However, no one did and that was a night of a little brick of self- understanding for me.
I am doing that tonight. I am going to sing one song and one song only. Don't Know Why. I need to get over not under. I need to move forward, not back. I cannot allow myself to be afraid of hearing a song that reminds me of a couple nice moments in a relationship that was unsafe and dangerous.
No comments:
Post a Comment